Joining the KKD Competition Team
The majority of our students dance at the recreational level, and we offer a wide variety of instructional, technique-focused weekly classes with a professional year-end revue for them.
But for the student who desires something more, KKD has a competition team that allows for more performance opportunities and training at dance competitions and conventions.
Our goal for them is to have a competitive, positive, and extremely self-driven group of dancers that are very focused on dance and desire to better themselves while being team players.
About our KKD Competition Team
- Kelli’s Kreative Dance had two Starbound National Grand Champion routines at our last national competition and 6 dances (the maximum allowed per studio) invited to compete in the final showcase.
- We pride ourselves in developing well-rounded dancers. Last season, our team had jazz, lyrical, hip-hop and tap routines all earn overall first-place wins as well as having winners of improv contests.
- KKD groups came in overall first place 35 times last season!
- Our routines also won specialty awards for choreography, technique, showmanship, and entertainment.
- KKD was named the best studio at both competitions we attended last year that gave such an award.
- Awards are fun, but our main goal is to see growth in all of our dancers on and off the stage. It is our desire to develop work ethic, dedication, and drive in our dancers that will serve them well through their dance careers and carry over into all of their future endeavors.
For students who desire more training and performance opportunities at competitions and conventions, we’d love to have you join our dance family!
Team Requirements & Audition Dates
Competition group members are selected by audition. The dancer must be present at auditions in order to be placed in a group.
2020-2021 Competition Team auditions will be held at the Mandeville studio on Saturday, July 25, 2020.
In order to audition, students must attend AT LEAST one week of the two-week summer session held July 14 – 16 and July 21 – 23, 2020.
Summer classes regularly fill up. If you intend to audition for the competition team, you should not delay in registering for the summer session. Look for registration information in the spring or sign-up to receive an email reminder.
The team competes in 3-5 regional competitions every year and a national competition every other year. Attendance at all competitions is mandatory for every competitor. Competitors are also required to attend at least one convention per year.
All competitors, with the exception of some minis, are required to enroll in and regularly attend ballet and technique classes.
See also our Competition Team Rules
Informational Parent Meetings
If you would like to know more about our competition team, we will be holding two informational parent meetings before auditions. If you are planning to audition or just contemplating, please come to a meeting to hear all that is involved and ask any questions that you may have.
2020 Parent Meeting dates TBA