KKD Rules and Guidelines for Competitors and Parents
Our goal is to have a first-place winning, competitive, positive, and extremely self-driven group of dancers that are very focused on dance and desire to better themselves while being team players.
If a student is selected for a competitive number there will be evening and weekend practices involved, as well as rehearsal fees. All competitors will be expected to make all practices and all competitions including solos.
When competition team members sign up, it is with the understanding that their being a member of the competitive team comes before all other activities in which they may be involved. We suggest that dance be their only activity – no cheerleading, no sports, no school plays, etc.
Competition is extremely time-consuming and to commit to outside activities has a strong effect on the student as well as the other team members when a student is absent. Remember the team is judged as a TEAM when competing, and one student with bad attendance hurts the entire team.
Occasionally there are required school events that may interfere with rehearsals, if this is the case, bring a copy of the school calendar and other arrangements will be made.
Of course, classes may be missed due to illness or a death in the family. If any student or parent feels they can not see this commitment through without any absences, we suggest they bow out of the competition team before the year begins.
Competitors (with the exception of some minis) are required to take technique and ballet classes. Attendance in these classes is mandatory. An unexcused absence from a technique or ballet class will count the same as an absence from a competition class.
We do offer recreational classes for those who wish to pursue other activities outside of dance.
Competitors are not allowed to back out of numbers that they are already in to be in other numbers.
- Everyone is expected to work as a team player and help in the growth of their fellow students.
- Gossiping will not be tolerated amongst the students or parents about other students or parents within Kelli’s Kreative Dance.
- Gossiping will not be tolerated amongst the students or parents about other dance studios.
- Gossiping will not be tolerated amongst the students or parents about other competitors during competitions as well as conventions.
- While representing Kelli’s Kreative Dance, students and parents are expected to display good sportsmanship conduct to everyone they are in contact with.
- During competitions, whether we win or lose, we are expected to have a winning attitude.
- It is mandatory for all students to come to all rehearsals unless approved 48 hours prior to the rehearsal with permission from the choreographer.
- All competitors must be members of the Broadway Bound Booster Club.
- All competition dues must be paid on time; otherwise, we will not attend the competition.
- All Regional and National competitions are mandatory for all competitors including soloists. It is all or nothing.
- It is mandatory for all competitors to wear a Kelli’s Kreative Dance full warm-up for all competitions and conventions.
- It is required that all Saturday competitors be dressed appropriately in the correct leotard for rehearsals.
- All students are to respect the teachers and to do what is asked of them.
- All students and parents must abide by the Code of Conduct.
- All students and parents understand that Kelli and Braton Manville have final say about placement and all other matters concerning the school and competition.
Competition Team Code of Conduct
All competition teams students and parents are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and respectable manner at all times.
Gossiping by a student or a parent about other students, parents, staff members or other studios is not tolerated.
Disrespecting a faculty member or another student or being discourteous to a fellow student is grounds for disciplinary action that may result in probation, suspension, or being asked to leave the studio permanently.
In the event that you are asked to not return to the studio, there will be no reimbursement for any classes, collected fees for the revue, collected choreography fees, or any other fees collected by the studio.
If your costume is paid in full but has not come in yet, we will call you when it comes in and you can come to pick up the costume or costumes.
All competition students and their parents will be expected to both read and sign the Competition Guidelines.
Staff members of Kelli’s Kreative Dance LLC., fellow students, and family members often take pictures of classes and events that go on inside and outside the studio during the year. Often the staff of Kelli’s Kreative Dance uses these pictures on the internet, including, but not limited to, this website, Facebook, and Instagram, to let people know what goes on at Kelli’s Kreative Dance. We also use these pictures in the newspaper and in advertisements. By joining the competition team, all competitors agree to this modeling consent.
The Broadway Bound Booster Club periodically holds fundraisers to assist competitors with putting money in their accounts for competition fees. Money in your booster club account can carry over from year to year. If you do not return to compete with the studio, any money left in your account will become part of the booster club’s general fund.
Click here for competition audition information.
Click here for Kelli’s Kreative Dance studio policies.