The dance revue completes our year of study and lets the parents see how their child has progressed throughout the year while exposing the student to performing and giving them a sense of professionalism.
2021 Dance Revue Dates
Mark your calendars! Please keep these dates in mind when making your 2021 vacation plans!
Our 2021 revues are scheduled for:
Rehearsal – Thursday, June 24
Destrehan Revue – Friday, June 25
Mandeville Revue – Saturday, June 26
Kenner Revue – Sunday, June 27
What makes a KKD revue stand out?
- Professional production with entertaining choreography and a focus on technique for all levels of dancers, toddlers to teen, beginner to advanced, recreational to competitive. Our babies dance!
- Reserved front-row seating where parents can watch, photograph, and video their dancer’s routines.
- No ad or cover girl contests. Economical and drama-free.
- We assign seats with a seating lottery. You don’t need to buy ads or camp out for great seats.
- Great views from every seat enhanced by 2 full-size video screens to view dancers
- Tasteful, detailed, and appropriate costumes
- Our students are the stars of the show!
Does my child get to/have to dance in 3 revues?
Since we have 3 studio locations, we do hold 3 revues. The majority of our students only dance in their home studio recital.
The students who dance in all 3 revues are students in classes that combine dancers from all of the studios.
Many of the students in ballet-only classes perform in the ballet at all 3 of our year-end revues. Our year-end ballet performance is a production that combines all of our ballet students into one large ballet performance during our revues. We know that this is a commitment, but it is a wonderful experience for our dancers and a real treat for our audience.
Some ballet classes will only perform in their studio’s revue. Many factors go into this decision including how the class is progressing, the number of students in the class, and how many songs are available for the production we have chosen that year. An announcement will be made in November as to which ballet classes will perform in which revues.
Ballet students are required to attend 2 Saturday rehearsals to practice combining the classes.
Since they combine dancers from all the studios, dancers in competition routines as well as the opening number will perform in all 3 revues.
For more information, see our Studio Policies.