Kelli’s Kreative Dance holds annual dance recitals in the month of June.
The dance revue completes our year of study and lets the parents see how their child has progressed throughout the year while exposing the student to performing and giving them a sense of professionalism.
2020 Dance Revue Dates
**UPDATE** Unfortunately, we will not be able to hold our revues in June. We have been working closely with the Pontchartrain Center to acquire back-up revue dates in August.
Rehearsal – Wednesday, August 12
Mandeville Revue – Monday, August 17 at 6:30pm
Destrehan Revue – Tuesday, August 18 at 6:30pm
Kenner Revue – Wednesday, August 19 at 6:30pm
All 3 dance revues and the rehearsal are held at the Pontchartrain Center in Kenner
What makes a KKD revue stand out?
- Professional production with entertaining choreography and a focus on technique for all levels of dancers, toddlers to teen, beginner to advanced, recreational to competitive. Our babies dance!
- Reserved front-row seating where parents can watch, photograph, and video their dancer’s routines.
- No ad or cover girl contests. Economical and drama-free.
- We assign seats with a seating lottery. You don’t need to buy ads or camp out for great seats.
- Great views from every seat enhanced by 2 full-size video screens to view dancers
- Tasteful, detailed, and appropriate costumes
- Our students are the stars of the show!
Does my child get to/have to dance in 3 revues?
Since we have 3 studio locations, we do hold 3 revues. The majority of our students only dance in their home studio recital.
The students who dance in all 3 revues are students in classes that combine dancers from all of the studios.
Many of the students in ballet-only classes perform in the ballet at all 3 of our year-end revues. Our year-end ballet performance is a production that combines all of our ballet students into one large ballet performance during our revues. We know that this is a commitment, but it is a wonderful experience for our dancers and a real treat for our audience.
Some ballet classes will only perform in their studio’s revue. Many factors go into this decision including how the class is progressing, the number of students in the class, and how many songs are available for the production we have chosen that year. An announcement will be made in November as to which classes will perform in which revues.
Ballet students are required to attend 2 Saturday rehearsals to practice combining the classes.
Since they combine dancers from all the studios, dancers in competition routines as well as the opening number will perform in all 3 revues.
For more information, see our Studio Policies.