**UPDATE** Due to the overwhelming success of our first rehearsal, we have determined that a second one is not needed. There will be NO ballet rehearsal on Saturday, June 19. This is a testament to the hard work of our students and faculty!
All ballet students should be at the Pontchartrain Center rehearsal day (Thursday, June 24) for 2:30 pm for stage rehearsal. Students should wear proper ballet attire for the stage rehearsal – Black leotard and pink tights with hair pulled off of face in a bun.
Ballet Rehearsal Dates
Ballet rehearsals will be held:
Saturday, June 5 12-3 pm at the Mandeville Studio
Saturday, June 19 12-2pm at the Kenner Studio
Attendance at both Saturday rehearsals is mandatory for all students in a ballet-only class from all 3 studio locations.
Rehearsals are closed to parents. Please drop your dancer off before noon and pick them up at dismissal time.
Ballet attire required: Black leotard and pink tights with hair in a bun.
Our ballet is a production which joins our ballet classes into one large ballet performance.
Ballet students are required to attend 2 Saturday rehearsals to practice combining the classes.
The majority of students in ballet-only classes perform in the ballet at all 3 of our year-end revues. Some ballet classes will only perform in their studio’s revue. Many factors go into this decision including how the class is progressing, the number of students in the class, and how many songs are available for the production we have chosen that year.
- Ms. Heather’s Mandeville beginner ballet students will only perform in Mandeville’s revue.
- Ms. Heather’s Kenner beginner ballet students will only perform in Kenner’s revue.
- Ms. Shelby’s Kenner beginner ballet students will only perform in Kenner’s revue.
- Ms. Lauren’s Destrehan beginner ballet students will only perform in Destrehan’s revue.
- Ms. Lauren’s Destrehan intermediate ballet students will perform in the Destrehan and Mandeville revues.
- All other ballet students will perform in all 3 dance revues.
We know that this is a commitment, but it is a wonderful experience for our dancers and a real treat for our audience.