2023 Summer Dance Session
Do you know a girl or boy that dances around every time they hear a beat?
Interested in putting your child in dance, but not sure if they’re ready or wish you could just try it out for a bit first?
Have a dancer that wants to keep their skills fresh over the break?
Our 2-week summer session may be just what you are looking for!
At Kelli’s Kreative Dance, we pride ourselves in providing quality dance instruction focused on teaching all students proper dance technique from the very beginning and for all levels of dancers.
Summer Dance Class Dates
The summer session consists of 5 classes held over 1 week in July.
Summer classes will be held in the evenings on
Registration will open in late Spring.
Summer class attendance is required to audition for the competition team.
Summer classes regularly fill up, so if you plan to audition for the competition team, please do not wait to register!
Summer Session Costs
Summer classes are open to all dancers ages 2 1/2 to 18.
Tuition is waived for new to KKD students ages 2 1/2 to 4.
Registration Fee: $35
Tuition: $70 (Waived for new students age 2 1/2 – 4)
We realize that many families vacation or may have other activities during the summer.
Obviously, we recommend attending the entire session, but you may register even if you can’t attend every class. However, tuition and fees will not be pro-rated if you cannot attend all dates of the session.
Tuition is for the full session and cannot be paid per class.
Summer Session Registration Directions
FOR NEW STUDENTS:
- Click “Register” in the table below next to the class you wish to register for.
- You will then be prompted to create a JackRabbit Parent Portal account. This online account is used to view your account including all charges and payments. You can conveniently log on at any time to view your balance and make online payments. It is also used by the studio for communication.
- You will be required to enter a credit card during registration.
- The summer registration fee and tuition charge will both post into your newly created JackRabbit Parent Portal account.
- After registering, you need to log in to your account to pay the $35 registration fee.
- Summer session tuition:
- If your student is aged 5 and up, you need to log on to your parent portal and pay your $70 tuition charge. If tuition is not paid by June 15, your spot in class will no longer be saved and will be released to the waitlist.
- If your student is aged 2-4, please ignore the $70 tuition charge. We will manually go into your account and remove the charge for everyone 4 and under. Please allow us a few days to get through them all.
FOR CURRENT STUDENTS:
- Click the “Register” link next to the class you wish to register for, and then click the link at the top to log on to your parent portal account.
- Once you place the summer class into your cart and check out, the $70 tuition charge and $35 registration fee will immediately be charged to your credit card on file.
Summer Session Schedule
A schedule with summer class times will be released in the spring.
Many classes do fill quickly. Don’t miss out!
We thank you for choosing Kelli’s Kreative Dance. We look forward to sharing our love of dance with your child.
Spots are first-come, first-served. Kelli will have the final say on class placement. Students may be moved based on ability or class size/availability.
Space is limited, and these classes regularly fill quickly. Spots will not be saved for unpaid students. Classes cannot be pro-rated if you are not able to attend all 5 classes. No refunds will be issued for “no-shows” due to the fact that a spot in class was reserved for you.
What to Wear
We recommend our regular dance attire. However, we realize that it is not always economical to buy dancewear for just the summer session.
For tap and ballet classes, students should wear a leotard (any color, skirt optional) and tights. If leotard and tights are not available, then any athletic wear is allowed for the summer session.
Please have a small bag for your child’s shoes and label all shoes with the student’s name.
We recommend tap for tap shoes and pink for ballet shoes. Bloch Mary Jane style tap shoes are preferable for younger students. If the tap shoes come with a ribbon, please replace it with elastic. Tap and ballet shoes are preferred, but tennis shoes are allowed for the summer session.
For jazz/technique classes, students should wear half soles or jazz shoes. Clothes should be form-fitting. No baggy t-shirts and shorts.
Tap shoes are highly encouraged for rhythm tap classes.
For the ballet intensive, students must wear black leotard, pink tights, ballet shoes, and hair pulled away from the face in a bun.